Monday, February 22, 2016

Semana 11 - Photos (and another Email!)

 Comida Dominicana!! (Dominican food!)



Hermana Rubio sent the following Email (along with the last two photos above) to her parents and grandparents only. The subject of the Email was this:

Family History Work is Missionary Work!

Hola familia!
The past few weeks seem to have a common theme every day of the importance of doing family history and I realized something important. I remember after being set apart to be a missionary, thinking that he must've forgotten to bless me with the gift of tongues, since I'm learning a language. In the MTC, Hermana Jensen said that maybe I didn't need it. This week made me remember that I have been blessed with the spirit of Elijah, and I know that through THAT gift, I've been given so much help in learning Spanish. Family history work really is so important, and I've been filling out my "My Family" booklet and inviting lots of our members and investigators do the same.

To help me finish it, could each of you write and send stories and/or memories of each of your parents and grandparents? Thank you so much and I'm excited to read! Les quiero!

--
Con Amor,
Hermana Rubio

NOTE from Mom:  Needless to say, reading what she wrote about her Dad and I had me in tears! Being able to read her own words describing what she thinks of us, her parents, means so much to me! Thank you sweet daughter :)

(click on the photo to see it large enough to read).

No comments:

Post a Comment