Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Semana 50!

A quick note from Em's mom:
As you can see, I've not done a very good job of keeping this blog updated. I am many weeks behind (while she still does a great job of emailing us every week)! I'm working on going back through all of her emails to begin posting and getting this blog up-to-date again, but the process may take me a while, so for now, I'm just gonna try to make sure that I post her most recent emails and keep current with them again from this point forward. Thank you for your patience with me!

Email and Photos from Emily
Sent Monday 11/21 at 11:39am:

It's so crazy that I've already had my full transfer in Providence, RI! We got t-texts on Friday that told me that I'm leaving to go back to the Spanish program in Revere, MA!

I am so excited. I'll be companions with Hermana Syndergaard, who will be in her 3rd transfer (I'm 'greenie-breaking' her!) and we were called to be STL's over the new zone that was just formed this month called the North Shore stake/zone. The zone covers areas that used to be a part of the Nashua and Cambridge zones, so I know most of the zone already, except for the 2 new areas that came from the Manchester, NH mission. Most of the zone will be Spanish-speaking missionaries and the best part of it all is that because of the new boundaries, Revere now covers all of EAST BOSTON, which was my favorite part of Cambridge when I was there! I'm going back and there are so many people that I love there that are now a part of my ward!!! I can't wait to spend my winter there back on the blue line of the T and with one of the best Spanish sisters ever (I went on exchanges with her in Revere during my last transfer in Cambridge).

At the same time, I'm sad that my time in Providence is already over. We set new baptismal dates for both Matthew and Amelia for December, and they are both still very solid. I will miss a lot of people here and I know I needed to come to Providence to have the experiences that I have had here. Heavenly Father did a lot to put me here in the English-speaking program at this time and I'm glad that he did.

One of the reasons I'm so glad that I was here at this time is that I got to watch the dedication of the Hartford, CT temple from the Warwick, RI chapel. The spirit was so strong and I felt so blessed to be a part of it. At the 12pm session, we went and heard Elder Gong, Elder Holland, and President Eyring speak. I'm glad to be a part of this temple district, just in time for the dedication, before I go back up to Massachusetts.

-- 
Con Amor,
Hermana Rubio

Hermana Rubio with Amelia
(She taught me how to break a board with my fist!)

The Rhode Island state building

My English Hermana (Sister Wyckoff) and I

Saying good-bye to Vivian

Our district family!

With the Providence, RI Spanish missionaries.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this Jen!! She's so beautiful and amazing!! Keep up the good work...proud of you ❤️️

    ReplyDelete